Cupcake and baking recipes always used to go down a treat on my previous blog so I figured it was about time I did one here. With a new year gathering with some family and friends I had the perfect excuse to bake something pretty and delicious, and besides, there is nothing I love photographing more than cupcakes! Baileys cupcakes are delicious and have always been a classic in our family around this time of year which is why I’ve decided to share this recipe!
For the cupcakes:
* 185g self raising flour
* 185g caster sugar
* 185g softened butter
* 16g cocoa powder
* 4 medium sized eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tbsp Baileys (or other Irish cream liqueur)
* 1 tsp baking powder
For the Baileys buttercream icing:
* 450g icing sugar
* 16g cocoa powder
* 70ml Baileys
* Splash of vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 180c or gas Mark 4 and line a baking tin with 16 medium sized muffin cases.
2. Beat together the butter and sugar until lightened and combined. Fold in 1/4 of the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder and baking powder) at a time alongside 1 egg. Lastly mix in the Baileys and vanilla extract.
3. Once the mixture is spooned in to the cases filling them around 2/3 full, bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
4. When apthe cakes are fully cooked, leave to cool in the tin before transferring to a wire rack for icing.
5. To make the Baileys buttercream, beat together the softened butter and Baileys until light and fluffy. Once complete, sift in the icing sugar and cocoa powder a few table spoons at a time to avoid covering your walls in flour. Once the buttercream has formed, transfer to a piping bag, making sure to add a splash of milk before hand if the icing appears too stiff.
6. Pipe your buttercream on to your cupcakes with your desired nozzle or spread the buttercream on if you prefer.
If you do bake these little delights please tweet me a picture @zaramcintoshx as I always love to see your creations!
What’s your favourite thing to bake?
10 Replies to “Baileys Chocolate Cupcakes”
These look amazing!!! Your photos are amazing as well, making me hungry!!!
Thanks Kate! I’m trying to further improve my photography this year so glad to know I’m making progress. I’d definitely give them a shot if you fancy baking! Xx
Thank you! They were!
Sounds so yummy! Chocolate, cupcakes and baileys! Three of my favourite things! Will definitely be making these!!! X
Victoria | VictoriaaHelenn
Oh me too! Choclate seems to go with almost anything so there’s a lot of lively cupcake recipes out there! Hope your cupcakes turn out well! X
Oh wow they look so delicious! <3
Thank You! They certainly were! ❤
OMG they look amazing!! Definitely gonna try those! <3
I've just published a carrot cupcakes recipe if you'd like to check it out. 🙂
Thank you! I’ll check it out! 💗